Sunday, August 18, 2013

Your Love Is Like A River

“Use your hands for good hard work, and then give generously to others in need.” (Ephesians 4:28 NLT)


I'm laying in bed awake. My heart is full and the tears are running down. I can hear the sound of heaven speaking to me as I wake to familiar songs from the Christian radio that remained on during the night, and sound of my husband breathing in his sleep next to me. 

Everything that happened over the weekend, fresh on my mind. From meeting WestBow Press for my book signing, to listening to all the speakers, to chasing lines to meet some of them, highlighting Sheila Walsh and Third Day, to standing at the Liberty University counter crying my eyes out because I want to learn how to be a better advocate for orphans.... That's when Pastor Rick Warren's Daily Hope chimed in through my iPhone. God's response to my seeking Him this morning wrapped gently around my heart as I read the devotion. It was the same response I had given to the people who asked me this weekend,  "Why did it cost so much for you to sign your book?" My response was, "because this is my dream". I didn't do it for me. I wasn't thinking of me. I was planting seeds in the precious soil God gave me. All I know is 60 names were written down inside each book I signed. I can't remember every name. But God already knew their names before I did. And it doesn't matter if I forget because God has a plan and a purpose for each reader. Just as he has a plan and a purpose for each orphan waiting to be adopted. I'm leaving it up to Him. I did all He gave me to do and I am delighted to give my heart away in hopes of finding their families....

K-LOVE - Third Day "Your Love Is Like A River" LIVE 



No comments:

Post a Comment