Monday, August 26, 2013

First day of school

We're in school! 





School started for these guys today. Two more start tomorrow! It took a while getting all the paperwork done because we moved to a different county, but finally, all is well for six kids to be in school starting tomorrow!! We have all the bases covered. Two are in Elementary school. Two are in Middle school. Two are in High school. The seasons are changing. Summer is fading away, and another first will be here for us all very soon as we welcome Fall. Soon the leaves will be changing, sweaters and jackets will be worn on cool mornings, and the world will look different as it changes colors. But sometimes new things can be scary. I wouldn't say my boy Caleb is scared but he's really struggling with the change of starting over in a new school. I've done all I can to prepare him. Prayers have been said and tears have been shed. Tomorrow can make or break him. Please pray for his tender heart. He doesn't want any trouble. We've had our share of bad experiences in the public school. I'm just believing good things for all our kids. Good experiences, good teachers, and good memories to be made. Everything will be ok. I know he can do it. But he really needs to be kept in prayer. Not that the others don't, but they all seem ready to go back. Which is good for me because moms don't like to worry. Will you pray for both us? He was homeschooled after a gun threat at his old school last year. He didn't say he was afraid, he's just worried about the other kids and fitting in. It's hard for me to let go, even though I know it will all work out and God can do anything. I just want to know they are safe, and feel safe, if that makes sense. Thank you for praying. 

With Love,
Debbie 

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9 

No comments:

Post a Comment