Tuesday, August 20, 2013

A Proverb A Day

Proverbs 1-3

New International Version (NIV)

Purpose and Theme

The proverbs of Solomon son of David, king of Israel:
for gaining wisdom and instruction;
    for understanding words of insight;
for receiving instruction in prudent behavior,
    doing what is right and just and fair;
for giving prudence to those who are simple,[a]
    knowledge and discretion to the young—
let the wise listen and add to their learning,
    and let the discerning get guidance—
for understanding proverbs and parables,
    the sayings and riddles of the wise.[b]
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge,
    but fools[c] despise wisdom and instruction.
If you know anything about me, hopefully by now you know I wrote a book. I didn't write it to be famous. I wrote it for orphans. I can't get over the fact that so many children are living without a mother. I find that heartbreaking to the point I want to do something about it. We already have ten kids of our own and I'm not getting any younger so what can I do about it? That's what I've been asking God! One thing I know for sure is when you ask God a question, He's gonna answer! So I've been listening.....

Last night, I heard Charles Swindoll say if you want wisdom, read a Proverb a day, so that is what I'm doing. It's not the first time I heard this advice. Back when Jim was going to school at Liberty for his certificate in theology, our pastor there at the time said the same thing. He said Proverbs have 31 chapters so there's one for everyday of the month! Makes sense God would provide us one a day, doesn't it? Where else can we go for direction when we want to hear from God. So I'm doing it, starting today! 

I'm pretty sure I'm on the right path. I already know God wanted me at #WomenOfFaith signing my book over the past weekend. He ordained it that Liberty University would be there and I would apply (cry my eyes out at the counter) to go because I want to learn how to promote my book/be a better advocate for orphans!  

Pray with me! James 1:27! Matthew 19:26! Pray God would provide. Thank you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment