Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Miles Of Smiles

My mom and sister came to visit us on Friday and returned home on Monday. It was good to see them! My sister brought me her newly published book, Perserverance: Inspiration For A Strong Heart and signed it for me. I couldn't wait to read about our fathers pond, growing up, and me cleaning our bedroom in the dark...just to see my mother's smile! My sister wrote a short story about Lera too, as well as many other short stories that I'm sure I will treasure reading again and again. :)

We had a good time cooking and visiting together. Our Saturday was filled with our kids James & Amanda and our grand-kids Mikayla (Matt's daughter) & Christian coming over for a visit, and my mom making her yummy homemade vegetable soup! Jim & Alice went fishing earlier in the day, and came home to join the rest of us later. What fun!!

We ended up going to the hospital on Sunday to visit Matt & Jessica's new baby, Myah, so my mom could see them and meet her new great-granddaughter, who had to stay there for a few days because of an infection. When we got back, I made my famous lasagna, my mom whipped up a salad, and we tossed some bread in the oven to go with it.  I sure do love my family. It was so good to see everyone together, only Michelle & Howard were missing because they had something else to do that came up.

This was me with my mom and our sweet Lera who wanted nothing more than to sit on her grandmother's lap the whole time! :) 

Alice with her Grandma Alice. Just as close as the name they share! :)

My mom meeting Myah for the first time! :) 

This was before my mom and sister left and Lera giving last hugs, Hannah was already at the bus stop, which came right after this! 

Miss them already!!!

Hopefully, we will see them again for Thanksgiving! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment