Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Back To The Bible

The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God endures forever." Isaiah 40:8 

My mom and sister are coming tomorrow, so I'm gonna clean the fans today. It was my husbands idea as he looked up from our morning devotions before he went to work. He's right, they are dirty! :) Before he went to work, I was amused. I was already anticipating my blog for today, still satisfied from another tastey dinner we had last night! A jar of spaghetti sauce was left on top of the cabinet, put up there when our cabinets were full, and when I looked in the other cabinet, we had spaghetti noodles to go with it! God never ceases to amaze me! We never have to worry about what we will eat! (Matthew 6:34) What's even cooler is witnessing God feed the five thousand firsthand (okay there are not that many of us!). Of course we had leftovers, so guess what we're having for tonight! I can still hear my girls giggle before my husband went to work this morning. Jim had time to sit with them while they ate breakfast because they woke up early. The funny man that he is, he tossed a ball at their foreheads while they ate. I even heard him singing, "I wanna live with abandon". Me too!  
 
18 “Bring them here to me,” he said.19 And he directed the people to sit down on the grass. Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then he gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the people. 20 They all ate and were satisfied, and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over. 21 The number of those who ate was about five thousand men, besides women and children. Matthew 14:18-21 

Newsboys - Live With Abandon 

No comments:

Post a Comment