Tuesday, October 8, 2013

SOS

 Yesterday's sky after the storm :) 
But Jesus immediately said to them:“Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.” Matthew 14:27

I love it when God wakes me up to hear a favorite song. I have lots of them! I'm pretty sure it's the first thing I'm gonna hear when I get to heaven and a song will lead me home. 

Lately, I haven't been myself. I cry a lot. Not that the tears are unusual, just more often and I feel sad.. Thank God-He lifts me up! 

I noticed, yesterday, I was playing Candy Crush like it was my job! It's funny now, but it was like I was hiding myself in the game and couldn't face real life. I wanted to reach out and tell somebody, but I didn't know who I could turn to, or what they could do to help me. 

Isn't it sad how isolated we feel at times, and the lies that surround us in that moment? But, in my desperate state, I cried out to God for help, and immediately, He calmed my heart, and wiped away my tears, and gave me perfect peace.

The reasons aren't important. I just know God rescued me from that terrible feeling attacking my being. I also remember my husband calling me. Sometimes he can be upset at the same time, but it wasn't like that. It was like he exhibited the same perfect peace God had given me. It was amazing the love I felt at that moment. Thank You Jesus! I could have walked on water at that moment and literally felt His hand beckoning me to. :)

What happened after that took place when the kids came home from school...there was a snake in our house! Micah pointed out what Hannah meant when she cried out, "bug"! I didn't realize she meant, "snake!" until Micah who was standing near her in the kitchen saw what she saw, and said, "uh mom?, there's a snake in the house!"

Just goes to show what kind of day it was. I don't know how a snake got inside our house without me noticing it, or our cats who were sleeping the day away because of the rain. Our neighbor came rushing over with gloves on after the kids ran outside and knocked on his door for help! ...there was a crack in the back door and our neighbor said maybe there is how it came in. I don't know? 

I'm just glad Jesus is the light of the world and there's no darkness in Him. I can count on The Lord to keep us safe, and when I can't do anything I want to do, I can still pray, and He answers! 

This might be the strangest blog I have ever written. Maybe you have had days like that? If so, isn't it nice to know God is with us, and He protects us, even when we don't understand or see what's going on, and He's a close as a prayer?

Dear Lord, Thank You for washing over me like rain. The harder it poured yesterday, the better I felt. You calmed the storm in me. Jesus help us take care of orphans the same way You take care of us. Bless them all and keep them safe. Thank You for their families trying to adopt them and for all the ones still waiting. May they, too, be loved and found and know You are with them. In Jesus name. Amen. 

❤️ The song that woke me up ❤️ 
Kings & Queens - Audio Adrenaline 

No comments:

Post a Comment