Monday, October 28, 2013

Perseverance

My sister just launched her first book, yesterday, and I needed to hear the details today, as we talked on the phone. Both of us standing in our windows as she shared how her big day went. She lives in the mountains of North Carolina and I live in the valley of Halethorpe, Maryland. ;) So in order for me to hear her, she had to stand in the bathroom to pick up a good signal, and in order for me to pick up wi-fi, I had to stand in my kitchen. Who says God doesn't have a sense of humor? I listened while she echoed, lol. Intent on hearing her every word about her big day and the events that led up to her book being published, I celebrated her journey, and held on to the details. I enjoyed hearing again how she chose her book cover, and the last day she walked with my dad on this earth to the mountain which is displayed on the cover of her book. I love that she wrote the first chapter about our dad's pond in our backyard when we were kids growing up and how she dedicated her book in his memory. She also made a statement that blessed my heart when she said that God led us down different paths to publish our books and both were good because God was in it. Oh how I love her and am so proud of her! :) 

My sister sitting next to our mom and Mayor Cochran of Mount Airy Chamber standing behind them. :)

My sister and her book publisher, Mike Simpson. :) 

My sister's book: Perseverance: Inspiration for a Strong Heart, by Sherry Creech 

Well done Sherry, I can't wait to read my copy! 

With Love, 
Debbie 

Chris Tomlin - God's Great Dance Floor http://youtu.be/h4IuTQxy9LE

No comments:

Post a Comment