Friday, October 25, 2013

My Birthday Song

I will sing to the LORD because he is good to me. Psalm 13:6


Well, I've been here fifty years now and I am humbly blessed. Nothing that I am or have is because of me, but God has blessed it all. I've thought back over the years, and I can't remember a time when God wasn't a part of my life. Some things stand out, like sitting on top of the hill where I first knew God was with me and knew He would never leave me. To being hit by a car in elementary school, and waking up, asking for my mom in the back of the abmbulance. I believe there were angels around me that day, for one in particular was kind and attentive, and she spoke sweetly. I don't remember if she was speaking to me, but I heard voices, like she was talking to someone. I pleaded to see my mom because I had coins in my lunchbox that I wanted to take home and give her from the change of buying milk that day at school. They rattled in my lunchbox as I ran towards home. I remembered looking out from under a car, seeing my friends standing on the side of the road looking back at me, before the ambulance came, in and out of consciousness. It was wintertime. I was bundled up in a long coat and had on boots that saved me when the car drug me across the pavement. The driver didn't stop until she heard the coins in my lunchbox. Records say there was no woman in the back of the ambulance with me that day. The case went to court as they tried to determine what happened and the witnesses said they didn't know who I described...she wasn't there. 

Next story...I knew I wanted to get married when I was in the third grade and announced it out loud to my little sister and best friend that I would marry the little boy across the street whom I had a crush on. But just like that, I remembered I liked Jim too! (Complicated stuff for a third grader). I met Jim in the third grade. I liked him because he spoke to me in school. (Never mind, he shouldn't have been talking to me while the teacher was talking and it got me in trouble!) Even still, he happened to run past us at that exact moment (probably late for supper!) and remembering I liked him too, I announced, "Or Jimmy Norsworthy!"
 
Life is funny like that, just when we think we know what's best, God steps in and shows us His best! 

Dear God, I'm thankful for the road that led me to You. Thank you for my life and every opportunity to know You better through my husband, children, grandchildren, family, friends, and for all of them putting up with me and loving me, even when I don't deserve it.  But most of all, thank You for sending Jesus to save me from sin and death. I look forward to seeing You when life is done. Until then, help me to love all that You have given me. Thank You LORD! Amen.

Holy - Nicole Nordeman http://youtu.be/HJaR5D2EDSs


No comments:

Post a Comment