Friday, February 1, 2013

The Journey

Genesis 12:1-3
Now the Lord said to Abram,
"Go forth from your country,
And from your relatives
And from your father's house,
To the land which I will show you;
And I will make you a great nation,
And I will bless you,
And make your name great;
And so you shall be a blessing;
And I will bless those who bless you,
And the one who curses you I will curse.
And in you all the families of the earth will be blessed."

 Now it came about at that time that Abimelech and Phicol, the commander of his army, spoke to Abraham, saying, "God is with you in all that you do . . . ." (Genesis 21:22)

  I subscribe to these daily devotionals via e-mail: 

Joni and Friends Daily Devotional - Daily Hope with Rick Warren - Join The Journey


Today in Join the Journey, I was happy to read God is always with me. I am struggling with myself and needed to hear that. Last night I started a Twitter account and I am afraid to tweet. Why? Because I don't know what I am doing and I don't want to mess up. So why did I make a Twitter? Because my book consultant suggested I try to get word out about my book (Chasing a Dream Where the Sunflowers Grow). Yes, I still haven't figured out how to sell my book. I need to do it freely because we are on a budget. Twitter seems hard, just one more thing for me to learn, and I am getting old. Not as old as Abraham and Sarah were when they had Isaac, so I can't complain. Besides, Twitter looks like a bird, the symbol anyway, so I should just learn to fly with it, right?




No comments:

Post a Comment