Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The body of Christ

I cried like a baby after church on Sunday. I wasn't expecting it when the pastor invited anyone led to speak to him afterwards to come forward (I'm pretty sure it caught us both by surprise). I jumped on it, and told Jim I couldn't leave without speaking to him...with tears in my eyes, they spilled down my face as I poured out my breaking heart. (We had been visiting there ever since we came home with Lera off and on). He learned I wrote a book, and he wants to read it! I told him I would bring him one next week. :)

Just the Sunday before was the African preacher bringing the message from 1 Corinthians 12 about the body of Christ. It was the same scripture Pastor Rick Warren used in his Sunday morning Daily Hope this past Sunday. I wasn't expecting it, not the way it came across about Christians without a church is like an orphan without a family.

I cried because I know what orphans look like, they just want to belong and cry "MAMA" when they see you coming.

How did it ever get this way? We went from Jim pastoring a church to a merge between our church and another. Confident God had something waiting for us, and with Jim committed to a new Bible study he started in our home, it grew with new believers, friends, and family coming each week. At the same time we became members of a wonderful church near our home. What was started as Bible study/cell group, went on to becoming a church plant. I know God must of had different plans as we went through the book of John with our little group, that led us to studying Experiencing God: Knowing and Doing the Will of God, which led to us adopting Lera. While we were out of the country adopting her for three months, our little group fell apart (for different reasons) and stopped meeting after we came back home.

Long story short, with another set of extra chromosome running around our house, it made it hard to get out and about, church included.

I will leave it at that. Just needed to cry out a little about our journey. It's been hard trying to fit in with a family our size and with our two special needs little girls.

On a different note. Good things have happened...very recently, my page got more likes, I made a Twitter account and I have some followers, WestBow Press and Thomas Nelson made room for my book to be at the Women of Faith conference for my very first public book signing.! Oh, and an old friend that had no clue what's been going on, invited us back to church, letting me know they have an open group for Hannah and Lera to join! God is good!!

I am excited for orphans, may their voices be heard through the book I wrote...as they cry out, just as I do to belong...





No comments:

Post a Comment