Thursday, February 7, 2013

Seeds of faith

Yesterday, I responded to the call to go to the Women of Faith conference in Washington D.C. for a book signing at the 2013 annual event. I know I don't deserve to go, but my book does! You see, I didn't write it for me, I wrote it for all the babies out there who are fighting to survive. Hannah was the first baby I knew like that, only she had a mother! After her, I realized, how can a baby survive without one? I know Hannah could have died in the hospital.. It was the scariest place to be knowing my baby could die and no one knew her there, but God, and me!

In the hospital when Hannah was not even two months old, fighting for her life because she had pneumonia, her body went limp in my arms. I could hear the alarms going off and I knew she was leaving me. "NO", I cried! I couldn't let her go. I held her close and cried out, "don't leave me", while holding her head in my hand. By the time the nurse entered the room her stats came back up, and the numbers on the monitor returned back to normal. All I can say is she STAYED! And from then on, I knew she had a purpose. She could have died right then, but God spared her life and I wanted her. I wanted her to be loved and cared for. Hospitals are no place to leave a baby alone. I know! One time before that, I left her in the wee hours, only to take a shower, and by the time I came back to her room, she was gone! I panicked and thought something happened to her, but was told she had been moved down the hallway to a different wing. It was much quieter down there, away from the center of attention. Even though they told me she was moved so siblings could room next door to each other, it felt more like they knew she may not make it. 

I know from experience, how fragile life is, and how precious it is to be a mother. My heart breaks for all the children who don't have one. There were too may babies left crying in the hospital for me to forget. It hurts knowing Lera was left in the hospital alone because she was abandoned at birth. If I felt helpless without my family around, while staying with Hannah, just think how a small child must feel without their mother.

So this is for all the babies who don't have one, young and old, I'm coming just as fast as I can, so I can hold your hand!

Love,
Mama

P.S. Here I come women of Faith!  I can't wait to sign my books away! May a seed be planted in each readers heart in search for a mother for all the ones who don't have one. May they be wanted, may they be loved, may they be found. Amen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment