Monday, February 4, 2013

The struggle

In reading Join The Journey this morning it struck a chord. I am guilty of holding on to my family too tightly, and mostly my children's hand. When I said yes to my husband over 30 years ago, I never dreamed we would see parenting differently. Or anything else for that matter.

Just yesterday, I was reminded in church what 1 Corinthians 12 means... We all in part make up the body of Christ, and what we consider the weaker part is no less value than the part we admire for its strength ( in our eyes). But God uses each one of them.

I was intrigued by the guest speaker from Africa's analogy, saying America has sent missionaries to Africa but also Africa is sending missionaries to America, and its all good and effective in the body of Christ because God made all parts of the body equal and necessary, working together for the purpose He has designed. That excites me!!! It is pretty cool once you realize we NEED missionaries to come from Africa just as much as they need us, Yes! Praise God. And as much as my husband needs me, I need him even when we don't agree on parenting. Or whatever.

Just the other day I slid back in my seat and got a little embarrassed that I included the kind of relationship my husband and I have in my book. It pains me to still be struggling to be married 30 years later. I don't know why we butt heads so often. You have no idea how I struggle to be a better wife and mother. In fact, while I struggle to share these words, the kids are in the other room playing, when I should be getting them ready for school. Oh how I want to reach out and share my weakness, but why does it have to be so hard to be honest and needy? Lord help us and help me let go before the last teenager is grown...we need to work together in this body of Christ before God thinks best He send us to Africa! My heart aches for Ukraine...and my marriage...and my children...and orphans, not my will, but thy will be done. Amen! Africa?

No comments:

Post a Comment