Friday, December 6, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

We had a fab Thanksgiving! Though strange having one without Jim, and our older kids. At least we woke up in the same house on Thanksgiving Day! :) We waited a day before we headed to Carolina to meet my mom, sister and nephews, because they had bad weather down there the day before, and since Jim had to work the day after Thanksgiving, he encouraged us to go without him. 

Our family around the table on a different day...a spaghetti dinner! :)

I really missed our wonderful family having our Thanksgiving meal together! Even Lera felt it strange without her daddy in the van, she cried his name when we pulled away. :( We missed Rachel cooking her first ham...and Jim went to his parents alone. But it got better! I had a blast traveling with our younger ones! :) We turned the radio up and sang to our favorite songs, taking turns finding a radio station when one would fade out. Before we knew it, we were at grandmas house! 



On the way there we stopped at the only place open on Thanksgiving day, good ol' McDonald's! 


Me and my mom the next day - Black Friday! Haha, my mom came out dressed in black, informing me what day it was, lol, so I dressed in black too! ;)


Breakfast time! Lera kissing Hannah at Grandmas house! ;)


Haha! Then Hannah kissing Lera! :)


The turkey my mom made! Yum! :) 


All cozy with my sister! xo


After dinner we took a drive and walked around the Knob on Pilot Mountain. 


The Blue Ridge view from the parking lot. 


Alice and Lera enjoying the view on top of a rock! 


My sister with the Knob behind her which we walked the trails to get to and walked around it. 


I'm standing next to the Knob before we walked around it! 


Hannah was afraid of the view...we ended up taking her glasses off because she wears bifocals and I think it was making her dizzy! 


My nephew Kevin walked with us, until we got separated taking care of Hannah. 


My nephew Justin and his shepherd Lux with Micah. They too got ahead of us when we were taking care of Hannah...Lera kept up with them with no problem! ;)


One of the views on the trail. 


Starting out on the trail with my sister! 


Alice up on a rock! 


Last picture with Lera! Hannah was not too sure of climbing mountains! 


Hannah getting her confidence up by holding Aunt Sherry's hand! :) 


Alice and Hannah sitting on a rock around the Knob. :) 


The trail had steps built in the rock. 


Caleb was with our group when we got split up. He was a great help piggy-backing Hannah at times! :)


Alice climbed the rock and stood in one of the crevices. :) 


Sometimes it took two of us to get Hannah to walk! :))


Hannah was happy to draw in the dirt with a stick. :)


The girls hugging in the parking lot after being reunited! :)


Saturday we went to the parade! Hannah was behind everyone else that already turned the corner at the top of the hill to get to the parade..


I won't bore you with all the pictures at the parade, but the kids had a blast picking up candy that they threw at us as they passed by :) this was before the parade of Hannah standing by the fire truck! 


Us at the parade! Photo courtesy by Downtown Mount Airy :)



The girls waiting in Santa's big chair to see him after the parade! Cookies and hot chocolate were served while we waited :) 


And waited...


And waited...


The Scrooge was there! 


But wait, look who showed up! 


SANTA ! ! ! ❤


Lera couldn't wait to jump on Santa's lap! 


I love you Santa! ;)


Surprisingly, Hannah loved Santa too! :)


Alice on Santa's lap! xo


Alas the jolly ol' soul showed up and all three girls were satisfied after a picture with SANTA! Photo credits with Santa go to Downtown Mount Airy :) 


We had a surprise waiting for us back at my moms house...our cousins Steve and Marjorie! :) 


Next we went to the old downtown theater and watched The Elf for free! 


The girls inside the theater. 


The girls standing in front of the old stage after the movie was over. 


Walking out. 


The girls running out behind us! 


Last photo of the girls standing outside the old ticket window. :)


That evening we went to my Uncle Ray's house. The sunset was beautiful, but it was also my last picture that I snapped pulling out of my moms driveway before my phone died. It was nice being able to visit with my relatives though! :) 


My mom and her cat Lala on Sunday, our last morning there! :) 


The girls after they woke up on Sunday morning! 


I couldn't resist taking a picture of the quilt my mom had on her bed. She made it! Isn't it beautiful? So Christmasy! :) 


Lera saying goodbye to Grandma! Xo


Hannah saying goodbye to Grandma! Xo


Alice saying goodbye to Grandma! Xo


Micah saying goodbye to Grandma! Xo


Caleb saying goodbye to Grandma! Xo


Me saying goodbye to my mom! Xo I miss her with tears in my eyes. No one could ever take her place. Thank You Jesus for blessing our visit! Amen. 

I thank my God every time I remember you. Philippians 1:3 

No comments:

Post a Comment