Wednesday, December 18, 2013

#SaveSaeed: Psalm 2:8

13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:13  

Several things happened yesterday. One, I called Liberty and two, Liberty called me. Let me explain. 

First, I came across an article in TheBlaze Faith, a daily resource for religious-themed news, information and entertainment via Twitter. (http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/12/14/he-doesnt-care-wife-of-detained-american-pastor-blasts-obamas-silence-on-husbands-plight-in-iran/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=story&utm_campaign=ShareButtonsWhat was interesting to me was that this article was about the American Pastor Saeed Abedini arrested in Iran for his faith in Jesus Christ. In this article, his wife, Naghmeh Abedini gave a speech about his arrest, faith, and persecution in Iran to the student body at Liberty University, along with her personal testimony. She stated she came to Faith in Jesus Christ at age nine and prayed for God to give her her people as an inheritance. 

"Ask me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession." (Psalm 2:8)

I couldn't help but remember using her same reference at the very end of my book (Chasing A Dream Where The Sunflowers Grow). There, also, using the same picture of our girls that I used in my blog, yesterday. (Thanks For Their Gifts) Coincidence? I think not! 

When I called Liberty University for directions, yesterday, it was advised I have something other than an iPhone for taking the online Liberty course. As I mentioned earlier, I don't have that right now, for mine recently broke. Nor do I have any clue what course I would take, if I did. But what I did find was this. In my pursuit to follow God in His footsteps and go wherever He leads me, I believe God led me to Liberty University to join Naghmeh Abedini's convocation and prayer for her husbands release. 

Care to join? Please watch and pray Psalm 2:8.

Naghmeh Abedini - Liberty University Convocation http://youtu.be/GLjnrIlVYr4

No comments:

Post a Comment