Thursday, November 29, 2012

What Really Matters

Do you ever feel the prayers of others?

I want to thank you for praying! I'm not sure how many of you prayed for us? But I could feel them! It could have been just one or two of you, but I know God was in the midst and He was listening!!!

In a recent post I shared my new dream to travel with my husband and asked for prayer. Of course, I dream a lot about going back to Ukraine, but I think for now we are to share our adoption story here. I have no idea what that looks like, but I know God does! I just hope my husband will be preaching again and our hearts for adoption will be revealed and the orphans we left behind. 

With that said, let me tell you about several things that happened that encourage us!

Just the other day we heard from Vahan (Vagan in Russian), the Armenian worker we met at Lera's former orphanage in Ukraine. What a blessing! He called my husband's cell phone to let us know the Church we visited when we were there with him was praying for us and wanted to know how we were doing. Talk about God working, wow! I was so happy to hear from him, and I'm not the one that heard his voice! I just know he was on the other end of the phone talking to Jim and Jim was so excited to tell me he was on the phone with him!!!! Now Vahan knows I wrote a book and he is in it! :)

Then this morning before Jim went to work, I heard him praying after we read our Bibles...
(Jim has been working on a side job lately, he still works his full time job from 3pm-midnight.)  
...I heard him praying about another phone call he got at work yesterday...
It was from a Church looking for an Interim Pastor!
Of course I asked him about it :)!
He said he didn't talk to them...they left him a message...
I didn't push it, but I am anxious to find out how God is working, so please pray for us, and for God's continual guidance. This may not be where God will lead us, but I do know God is working and it is interesting for me to watch how He will open doors! :)

On another note, I too got a phone call from one of my book consultants this week. He wanted me to know he was sending me an e-mail with some different ideas and approaches on how to share my book. So please pray about this too! He will be calling me back in a few weeks to go over the ideas he sent me to think about. 

One more bit of news I have been praying about! My adoption agent is planning a trip to Lera's former orphanage in Druzhkovka. Only the children at the orphanage have the chicken pox and they are under quarantine. So please pray for the children that live there to be safe and for God to deliver them all from this outbreak. Also please pray for His Kids, Too! to be able to minister to the children at Lera's former orphanage...I am so excited!!!

Thank you for praying with me about all these things! What really matters is for more orphans to be looked after. As thankful as I am God blessed us with our our daughter, Lera, I know so many more orphans are still waiting! God bless you for all your prayers, for more orphans to be found, for each ones needs to be met, and especially for every orphan to love and be loved in their very own forever family!


Vahan and Lera 2009
Pastor in Ukraine 2009


Church in Ukraine 2009

Jim and I with Vahan at his Church 2009

Name of the Church we went to with Vahan 2009

Our dear church friends and their family! 2009

I linked up with Ellen Stumbo's Writing Prompt! :) http://www.ellenstumbo.com/what-really-matters/

No comments:

Post a Comment