Tuesday, November 20, 2012

I have a new dream!



Lately, it has been on my mind. But mostly, it has been on my heart. This month kicked off with Orphan Sunday on November 4, 2012. I wanted to share our story then, but God led us to go hear one instead. It was wonderful to be in the house of the Lord with other believers for the cause of orphans! On that day, we were privileged to go hear Amy Livingston tell how amazingly, God led her and her family on a chariot to Russia to go get their daughter!

* * * 

I tried to write this dozens of times...this is one of several tries! First let me say, God inspired a depressed mom, who couldn't understand why He gave her a sickly child, born with Down syndrome, but so desperately wanted to trust Him! ...He met me by still waters, at a man made lake, near our hometown, alone, at a place called Rocky Gorge...I needed to go there...far away from the noise, so I could listen to Him, even though I didn't expect Him to show up like He did! God spoke to me in a book I brought with me to read, titled, You Will Dream New Dreams! (above)

It was filled with parents telling their stories of having children born with different special needs. As I listened to each one tell how they took care of their children, I knew I was not alone, and I wept as I read each one. I asked God, "Will I really dream new dreams?" (please refer to my book, Chasing a Dream Where the Sunflowers Grow, ch. 6, Life goes on...) from there, God led us to adopt Lera!

I know God told me I would dream new dreams! Now that we adopted Lera, I hope to travel with my husband back to Ukraine one day, but for now, my dream, is to get the word out about the many orphans we left behind. They too, need someone to speak up for them, so they can be found! 

What a miracle it is to have both our daughters with us, now, knowing what they each lived through. Hannah with her many surgeries. And Lera as an orphan, abandoned at birth. I know God gave them to us for a reason, or they both wouldn't be here! Just like God led me to write a book about them. 

Sometimes, I feel like I'm hiding, and wonder who would want to read it? Other times I feel brave, and want the world to know their story! It's just hard to be creative without a lot of money, when the whole point of writing my book was to help more orphans.

When God led us to adopt Lera in 2007, Jim had a business making good money, but God wasn't impressed with what WE could do! He wanted to prove what HE could do! After we qualified for adoption, and signed the papers, our faith was tested, and we began to feel the bottom fall out. Jim eventually lost his business and his truck in 2011, but we GAINED a daughter! And I would do it ALL over again knowing what I know now! I'm happy our daughter is HOME!!!!! I would rather have her than anything money could buy! And I'm thankful God led me to get my book published. BUT I know there's more to do! SO MANY MORE ORPHANS ARE WAITING! It is my heart to be able to tell their story too! Will you please pray for us? Thank you friends and THANK You Lord. I WAIT FOR YOU!!!!!!!

I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. John 14:18 

No comments:

Post a Comment