Sunday, December 9, 2012

So do you know your way home from here?

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6
Our Christmas tree up with lights :)


We put our Christmas tree up last Sunday but I wanted to share what happened on Monday and tell our adoption story one more time!

Monday started out a busy day. I went to work with Jim to meet our daughter, Rachel who spent the night with her sister, Michelle. Michelle's boyfriend, Howard brought Rachel with him to where they were working at an old farm house near where we live. Before I left there with Rachel, Jim asked me, "So do you know your way home from here?"  I thought it was a very profound question as my mind had been all wrapped up in other things the whole way there. Like, how am I going to sell my book and how I so do want to help look after orphans! The tears fell down my face as I thought about them and how it was exactly what I needed to hear. Jesus Is The Way!

Monday night the lights went on our Christmas tree after the branches fell in place over night. James and Amanda worked together and did a great job! I thought it looked so pretty the way the lights reflected in the mirror and the window! :)

Later on in the week the kids were happy to help put some decorations on our Christmas tree! The cats were happy to take them off lol. Oh well, here are some pictures of our cute kittens checking things out. :) (Smokey not pictured)

Griffin laying on the Christmas tree skirt :)


Jacques too! :)




Symone & Jacques :)) You mean it was supposed to stay around the Christmas tree?


I wrote this post to remember "the way" came to me five Christmases ago in an e-mail. It read: little blond angel needs a home. Of course it was no ordinary e-mail. It was meant for me to read it! God sent it by another mom (now friend, Theresa Mitchel). It went all over the U.S. and was forwarded to different Down syndrome groups everywhere to the one I belonged to. When I got it, it hit the mark and went straight to my heart!! God knew I would read the e-mail and He prepared my heart ahead of time (please refer to my book - Chasing a Dream Where the Sunflowers Grow to read the whole story - for this chapter please refer to Ch. 7 ~ Called!). God knew I would want her! He knew I was her mother! God is sooo good!!! His plan worked to find her forever family! I was her mama and now we have nothing less than a miracle, a little blond angel from Ukraine named Lera! This will be her fourth Christmas home already! Praise God! I'm so excited all over again!!!
 
Here are some pictures of Lera waiting in line to visit Santa this year. She was so excited! 




 Here is a picture of Lera and Hannah ready to go see Santa their first Christmas together! They were dancing in our kitchen and holding hands...SO CUTE! I added a few extra details :)


Christmas 2009
To finish this post I want to share this song one of my other friends shared earlier this week. Thank you April Shattery Jackson! Be blessed!! 

Third Day - Merry Christmas - Christmas Offerings 

No comments:

Post a Comment