Saturday, November 8, 2014

OhOctober: Forgive Me If I Still Cry

He slipped away on a Friday night. But he wanted to say goodbye first. I think he knew his heart might not make it when he called me from the hospital to say he was going in for surgery. I told him I would pray for him and felt his relief through his words when he said, "Then I know I'll be ok!" It was the last time I heard his voice... 


My dad believed in me like no one else. He believed as much as I did that a "little blond angel" from Ukraine was mine and he wanted to pay for her! It's hard to believe it's been 5 years! It's hard to be happy when he's not here. But I must! There's so much to celebrate in October! Just forgive me if I still cry. I didn't want him to die...

October kicked off with Down syndrome awareness month! <3 Lera & Hannah looked so cute in blue & yellow to represent the colors for DS and just so happen are the colors for Ukraine too! :) 
On October 15th our son, Micah turned 14! :) he's doing so good in school that his dad couldn't wait to surprise him w/ his gift! 

Our Irish twins, James & Michelle were both 30 on the 17th! James' birthday thru the 26th when Michelle turned 31! Xoxo
Little Myah, our granddaughter, just turned 1 on the 22nd, the same day Lera landed in the States 5 years ago!
Throwback: October 22, 2009 when Lera landed in the STATES. Look how little Lera was 5 years ago! 
Throwback: HOME: October 22, 2009 the night when Hannah and Lera first met! Xoxo 
Throwback: One more of my favorites! Lera's 1st Spring w/ Our grandson, Christian (now we have 4 grandchildren). Lera was holding him and look how little Micah, Alice and Hannah were too! :) 

Here I am with my birthday cake...Can you believe I'm 51 now!? (October 25th)
Then we learned on the night of my dad's 5th anniversary in heaven, on October 30th, our daughter, Rachel wrecked her car. Pretty sure she had an extra angel looking out for her that night! She's ok! Glory to God!! However, she has a concussion she's still healing from. (photo of Rachel saying goodbye to her car that was totaled 1 week later) 
We miss you dad! <3 See you in heaven! 
               David Robert Ezekiel 
                3/16/35 - 10/30/09



Sidewalk Prophets - Save My Life (Official Video) 

http://youtu.be/8_gJ68kksWE

2 comments:

  1. Debbie you are one beautiful woman, inside and out!! Jesus is doing good works with you and every piece of that HUMUNGOUS AND BEAUTIFUL FAMILY!!!! He only has more beautiful plans to prosper thru every beautiful yet shaky step you all took with faith!!! Doing what you did, adopting is a beautiful action - yet there is even way more beauty behind yours. You adopted from a whole different country even. You also were looking not for perfection, but for something many people call imperfect yet you searched FOR THAT to bless your OTHER daughter who also had it so they could be REAL sisters !!! Understand each other-get one another!! You asked for the type others over look!!! And you make them shine together thru Christ and your work and sweat and love-and all your families love!!! You all light up like and for Christ! Blessed be His name!!!! Your angels will be smarter than the above average kid cause they know The King! Bless your heart!!! One day that is my dream to adopt, if I could just go one year even myself in wellness. But right now the baby girl God blessed me with is what He has planned.... My 13 yr old angel -who has been thru all 7 brain openings/closings/3 brain resections... 1 done awake. I pray this coming year my health improves and just illnesses fade-I'd love to raise a sweet angel... Bless your precious heart! Much love to you!
    In His Grip,
    Heather J Siebens
    http://www.Facebook.com/AliveinMe
    http://hiswill4me.blogspot.com
    http://www.twitter.com/AliveinMe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Heather, I'm so thankful for Facebook memories that led me here today. I'm just a mom missing my dad when I stumbled upon your beautiful comment here on my blog. I'm sorry I didn't see it until today. But I want to thank you for your kind words. Yes, we have a beautiful daughter added to our family through adoption...she never met my dad, but he believed in her. There's nothing like that feeling knowing he wanted me to have her enough to want to pay for her. (my dad didn't need to help us financially, God provided, but in a way, I think he exchanged his life for hers, waiting until all was done before he left this earth). He knew she was home and I was safe (he was concerned about me going out of country to adopt her, but he knew I was her mother <3 and even though his health was failing, he was strong enough to wait for me to get home with his granddaughter) when we landed in the states 8 days before heaven took him home...one day I will see him again. For now, God has indeed blessed me with a wonderful husband (not perfect, but perfect for me) and 10 beautiful children and 5 grandchildren...2 daughter in loves and 1 future son in law. We are truly blessed. Thank you so much for your kind words of faith. I pray my God will supply all your needs according to his riches in glory and sustains your health to continue to magnify him as you do so well. Peace and blessings to you dear sister in Christ, with love, Debbie.

      Delete