Saturday, July 6, 2013

The problem

It's Saturday morning. Hannah is dancing to Just Dance Wii. I'm just getting started, wiping down counters and table tops from last nights dinner. Radio on, of course.  Who can work without it? Not me! :) And it hits me as I sing along to one of my favorites, You're an Overcomer, by Mandisa. That the problem with the world is ME! The longer I live, with each grey hair I try to cover up with hair dye, (lol) there's no covering up the love of Jesus in me. Just when I think I can't love any more than 10 people at a time, God takes us to Ukraine to adopt a "little blond angel", we called Angel, until we brought her home, now known as Lera. Ok, so that should do it, right? Nope! God's not finished teaching me how deep and how wide His love REALLY IS. Besides, we have two grandchildren, TWO on the way, and their precious mothers!! :) :) So what am I getting at? Drum roll......can I say it? Help me LORD! Gay people! What?! Yep!! I don't like it. I'm kicking and screaming inside. NO LORD! Not ME! There must be some kind of mistake. I didn't sign up for this. I'm busy loving Lera and Hannah...isn't that ENOUGH? Obviously not...you see, our daughter is gay (she likes girls). I do too, but I don't want to marry them! Didn't we raise her right? Where did we go wrong? (Silence) So it is, we are on this path, not one we would have chose to travel, nonetheless we are on it, with our daughter because, WE LOVE HER! (and, we are trying to love her friends, LORD help us!) Still kicking and screaming inside, Not wanting to discriminate and learning to LOVE "differently". (Don't worry, I still believe in Biblical marriage...a man shall leave his mother and father and cling to his wife.... Gen. 2:24).  So LORD, how do we do this?  Follow me, I know the way, I am the way! (John 14:6). 

Father, I know there must be other moms and dads reading this. I pray for them too! Please remind us it's not about us. You are the reason we live and breathe and You came to save sinners. You love us just the way we are, but you love us too much to leave us that way. While we were yet sinners Christ died for us. Help me to lay down my life. I want to love like you do. Teach ME LORD. In Jesus name. Amen. 

2 comments:

  1. Love. Just Love. HE is in control.
    "Three things will last forever--faith, hope, and love--and the greatest of these is ... But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love." 1 Cor. 13:13

    No judgement from me. You obviously are a wonderful Mother, Debbie. Children grow up and make choices, some we like and others, not so much. Praying for you. Love ~ Jo Moseley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jo! I'm sorry I am late getting back to you. I posted this on my iPhone as we still do not have Internet set up in the house with our recent move. But I sure do appreciate you taking the time to let me know you care and are praying and your comment means a lot! I don't usually check my blog from here but I'm sure glad I did, thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete