Wednesday, January 16, 2013

We've come a long way baby!

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9

How did my life ever get so complicated? LOL There was a time when I would pack my kids up and take them everywhere with me, no problem. Even when Hannah was born, I would still take her shopping with me even though it was difficult sometimes with all of her medical baggage, but we packed her up and took her with us, even with a feeding bag! I thought life would carry on once we brought Lera home, but she quickly taught me, I will run to whoever I want when we are out! Needles to say, that scares me and I don't want to lose her in a crowd. So last night when it was time to go to Alice's chorus festival, she stayed home. I had to choose who was going with me and since I took her to Alice's Christmas play last month, it was Hannah's turn to go last night. Hannah has some fears about being in public places if the noise gets too loud or the lights go on and off, so I knew that might be a problem, but it wasn't. She enjoyed herself just fine, only asking to go to the bathroom before the program got started. Sometimes she will use that as an excuse if she is afraid. But once the show got started, she was fine and enjoyed herself and I did too!

I was happy Hannah stayed in her seat last night and think since Lera was so good at the Christmas play last month that maybe one day soon, they will both get to go places with me again. For now while their dad is working nights, I will play it safe a little longer and just enjoy the time out with each of them alone. We are making progress and progress is making me brave once more.

Thank you LORD for making me stronger and making me brave getting out of the house more. I know it is with only one girl at a time, but there was a time when I wouldn't go at all because I didn't want to leave either one of them. Thank you for letting me see both Alice in the Christmas play and chorus festival and for providing wonderful babysitters through our older children. I would not have been able to go if not for them and miss the special things my other kids do. Praise God!!!

The chorus...

Alice and her chorus teacher, Mrs. Quinzi. Alice is in the front row. Do you see her wearing a red shirt and black boots?


Walking to the parking lot after it was over....look who didn't want to walk in the rain. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment