Friday, January 4, 2013

Happy New Year!

God is blessing my socks off already and I feel pretty good going into this new year. Listening to this song on the radio this morning on the way to the grocery store had me thinking about it. And having come full circle, our family is making some choices based off of past experience for the new year to suit our growing needs. Without going into details, this time last year, right before Christmas, our family was being attacked and one of our children was scattered from the flock! BUT, this mama was not about to let go of her baby! One thing I know for sure is, I LOVE my kids and aint nobody taking them away...

Starting this year we will have 2 children that will not be going to the public high school. For personal reasons and convictions, I am happy to say, they will both be home schooled!

Enough of that...ironically, this was our fourth Christmas celebrating with Lera. She is a living doll. Anybody who knows her or has met her, has surely felt her in their arms (and heart). She loves to be held and still doesn't know she is too big to be picked up by strangers or family members who enter our front door. So be prepared, if you come calling, Lera is bound to jump in your arms! :)

I really love this ministry that introduced us to orphans...where would we be without them or Lera? ♥
I will make a Christmas post just as soon as I get all the pictures off my husbands cell phone transferred to mine . For now let me leave you with this picture. It is my heart and the reason why we adopted Lera. This is a picture of Teresa Fillmon with His Kids Too! looking after orphans with the donations they received to deliver clothing to 90 Children in November. Christmas is not until January 7 in Ukraine, so please be praying for Santa  (Rich Fillmon) who will be making his rounds very soon!

I heard this song several times on the radio today by Toby Mac. I hope the words minister to you like they do me. It's easy to run ahead of God and try and do things without him, but the joy in staying in his arms feels so much better, which is what I am trying to do...I'm sure God knows I love orphans and I will pack my bags just as soon as he says go back to Ukraine...many prayers and love to orphans from here until I am right there once more!

No comments:

Post a Comment