Thursday, October 11, 2012

This is your mission

You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:14-16
His Kids Too! (The last night bonfire!!!) https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=414934528570545&set=pb.142498729147461.-2207520000.1349967547&type=1&theater
Just the other day it came out as I shared my burning desire with my daughter-in-law. I told her how much I wished I could go back to Ukraine and help take care of orphans! Her response was appropriate as we began our evening together. "This is your mission!" I knew what she meant as we walked in the kitchen together after she came home from work that day. I have my family to take care of! I knew she was right! I take care of our grandson during the day as she and my son both work. Plus, it's my job to get the kids ready for school, clean house, do laundry, make dinner preparations, make doctor appointments, go the the doctors! go grocery shopping, wipe noses, give baths, kiss boo boos, give encouragement and pray, pray, pray for my family!

Until I can go, again, I want my light to shine right where I am! Lord, help me to be a city on a hill. I know you love orphans more than I do. Thank you for the experience of adoption and bringing Lera home. I pray for others who are adopting. Be with them, Lord, and help them find their children! In Jesus name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment