Tuesday, October 9, 2012

*Home

On October 22, Lera will be *home* for 3 years!!!  It's pretty cool this is the same month we celebrate Down Syndrome Awareness Month! Just last week, I was aware while she was learning to read six new sight words (this, the, by, my, city, home), she could get the others wrong, but she always recognized the word *home! :-) *My birthday is this month and so is Lera's sister (Michelle) and brothers (James and Micah). *By the way, Lera and her family can't wait to get dressed-up and go trick-or-treating for Halloween and visit the pumpkin patch! ;-)






 Lera recognizes this word and gets it right every time! (home)


*The third anniversary of my dad's home going is on October 30, 2009. Lera never had the opportunity to meet her Paw-Paw when she landed with me in *this country. Though we continue to miss him here, we will see him in a better country - a heavenly one! For God has prepared for us a *city! (Hebrews 11:16)

We miss you Paw-Paw <3


2 comments:

  1. Oh, Debbie, my dad went to Jesus the 18 of October a year ago.Your post just brought tears to my eyes.These days I feel sad.We miss him so much...

    So glad for your Lera!She is precious little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your loss, Alla! Hugs!!! It makes me sad too! That's why I shared my dad's smile. I know he is happy in heaven and one day we will see him, again...!

    Thanks for your compliment about Lera! I'm glad God chose us to be her parents!

    God bless you with his comfort and peace!
    Love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete