Thursday, September 25, 2014

Precious Moments

Then he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom." - Luke 23:42 

How often do we forget things? That's why I decided to write this blog. Sometimes so many things happen and I forget to write them down. So this is an attempt to catch up on some things that happened in September. (I'm sharing this blog late...I started it but didn't publish it. Did I mention I started attending Libertyuonline? I've been so busy! Look for one more blog after this to find out! I don't want you to miss it!)

September, our daughter, Rachel came home! Not only that, she came HOME! She wants Jesus to be the Lord of her life and as her mother, I am so proud. To top things off, we were surprised by the generosity of Women of Faith to be nominated for the 2014 WOF Event in Philadelphia. My best buddy, Barbara Conlon that I go with every year was nominated too. We spent Friday night thru Saturday together on September 5-6. (I posted photos on Instagram) Attending WOF has been a highlight for me over the years and this was the first time we went to Philadelphia, instead of Washington DC. Plus, it was the first time EVER for Rachel. And we both got to meet Sheila Walsh together! Rachel posted something nice on Facebook! (I saved it on Instagram) 


Throwback: I met Sheila Walsh last year too! (Wash. DC) 


Throwback: This was Barbara and me last year too! WGTS 91.9 had a booth! (Wash. DC) 


Throwback: Not to mention, meeting all of Third Day last year too! (Here was the concert; more photos w/Third Day can be checked out on my Twitter @debanorsworthy. They sang my favorite; "Your Love Is Like A River" - Third Day 


Matthew West was at WOF this year! "Hello, My Name Is Child Of The One True King" - Matthew West 


One more throwback: Can't forget I got to sign my book; Chasing A Dream Where The Sunflowers Grow w/ WestBow Press @ WOF last year! 

Wow. ~ God is so good to me! :D

On September 11th this year, Jim and I celebrated our 32nd wedding anniversary! I'm so happy to be married to the man of my dreams! Through the good times and the bad times, we have so much to celebrate! (Photo below is from one of our 1st Christmas' together!

We sure have come a long way! 

This September 15th, Caleb celebrated his 16th birthday! Wow. Sweet 16 already! 


Lera and Hannah were making silly faces with Caleb during cake and ice cream time! :) 


One more anniversary: Lera was officially ours on September 14, 2009!!!! Praise the Lord she's been our daughter for 5 years already! Wow! Thank you Jesus! 

Once upon a time...Lera! Now forever loved! This was one of my favorite photos of us at her former orphanage in Druzhkovka, Ukraine :) You can read all about it in my book; Chasing A Dream Where The Sunflowers Grow via WestBow Press: http://bookstore.westbowpress.com/AdvancedSearch/Default.aspx?SearchTerm=Chasing%20a%20dream%20where%20the%20sunflowers%20grow 

Let me leave you with this. We discovered a field of sunflowers in Maryland! (More photos of sunflowers are on my Facebook page if you want to see them @ Chasing A Dream Where The Sunflowers Grow: https://m.facebook.com/ChasingADreamWhereTheSunflowersGrow). Our photographer took lots more! I can't wait to see the ones she took of our girls when we visited the sunflower field on September 21st! She also has a page on Facebook @ Michael Warrick Photograpy: https://www.facebook.com/MWarrickPhotography?ref=br_tfSo stay tuned! Please remember to pray for orphans! #orphansneedfamilies #chasingadreamwherethesunflowersgrow


27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. - John 14:27 

No comments:

Post a Comment