Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Dreaming Again

Do you ever feel like you're dreaming with your eyes open? 

Numbers 12:6 - And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, [I] the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, [and] will speak unto him in a dream. 

Do I dare say, we are dreaming again! I will tell you! It was one evening when some of the kids (living at home; we have older kids that don't live with us) were in the same room with us, when out of the blue, Jim asked, "how would you feel about adopting another little angel?" Surprised is an understatement! He went on to explain that someone he knew at work (a new warehouse manager) heard we adopted a little girl from Ukraine and started asking Jim about it. Jim filled him in on our Hannah being born with Down syndrome and that we adopted our Lera from Ukraine, also born with Down syndrome. The coworker goes on to tell Jim that he was adopting an older child and that he knew of another child, a little 8 year old girl w/ DS that needed a home. That's how it all got started. We were curious but, Jim didn't know any more details than that.
 
So about a week goes by, when out of the blue, again, Jim hands me a slip of paper before work and says, "here's the information about that little girl if you're interested." Floored me again! Did he just encourage me to pursue this little girl? (If you know anything about me, or read my book Chasing A Dream Where The Sunflowers Grow, it was me God came to first when we were adopting Lera.) Because it was so different than before, I just had to know what God was thinking, so I asked Him, "I thought we were chasing a dream where the sunflowers grow?" God quickly reminded me, "There are sunflowers in Maryland." "Oh yes, God, there are sunflowers in Maryland!" True! I did see sunflowers in Maryland...our girls were photographed in them by our photographer, Michael Warrick Photograpy just two weeks before. (https://www.facebook.com/MWarrickPhotography?ref=br_tfI was surprised then too. I never knew before that that we had sunflower fields in Maryland until our former neighbor, Michael Warrick asked me if she could do a photoshoot of our girls. They were beautiful! Here's one of Alice!


And Lera!

And Hannah! 

Before that, I never knew we had a sunfower fields in Maryland! Just Ukraine! 

Of course, hearing God's response, was all the encouragement I needed to pursue this new little angel! So I called about her but the voice message box was full. So I emailed about her, and waited. Then I got a call back! The lady was really nice! I found out a little about her background. She's 8 years old, comes from a big family, she's presently living in foster care, she's a real energizer bunny and her name is "Hannah"!

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment