Thursday, January 2, 2014

Aim

... The aim of something that you do is the purpose for which you do it.


Happy 2014! My new word for starting out this year is aim. The reason I chose this word is because of my kids. They were playing outside during winter break when God began showing it to me through them. The girls had taken their new Christmas bikes out for a ride, and the boys grabbed a basketball to shoot a few hoops down the street from our house. The unseasonably warm weather we were having, combined with the most beautiful kids EVER had me running outside behind them. Decidedly, I aimed my camera and took a few photos because I didn't want to miss it! The one above was my favorite, saved along with the others on Instagram. What grabbed my attention at first, later impressed me more. While they aimed to ride bikes, and shoot hoops, I aimed too! They are my hopes and dreams. They inspire my aim and are worth my attention! I'm glad I didn't miss them that day. This is only the beginning. The old year is past. Lord help my aim. Today is what really matters. I will look for You in it! Thank you for our ten beautiful children and our growing family. May they all get the attention they deserve! This is my aim. They are my dreams! =) 

2 Corinthians 13:11 NIV
Finally, brothers, good-by. Aim for perfection, listen to my appeal, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment