Thursday, September 24, 2015

Get Ready, I'm Coming!

"And one thing more: Prepare a guest room for me, because I hope to be restored to you in answer to your prayers." - Philemon 22 

I don't pretend to have all the answers, but I know Who does. The other night I must have been dreaming, but I don't remember it. I just remember hearing, "Get ready, I'm coming!" When I heard those words, I woke straight up and said "He's coming!" Those words have been playing in my head. I have no idea how soon. Or what exactly I should be doing. So I keep praying and believing God will do what He says He will do. I've been ready! I long for it! Now I'm dreaming it! And believing it will be soon! 

"He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming soon."  Amen. Come, Lord Jesus." - Revelation 22:20 

Jim and I are in the process of trying for foster parenting. Tonight will be our 6th class out of 10. There's lists to do to get ready for a child to come to our home, so I'm thinking it could be that. God wants to come live with us. I remember the same thing happening when we were adopting Lera. And lately, Hannah keeps talking about it. She says she's ready to go! Her and Lera have been packing their suitcase and saying, I'm going to Hannah's house. Hannah has an old cell phone and she's been using it to talk to Hannah. For those who have been following my blog, you know the reason why we started on the foster care path. We heard there's a little girl named Hannah with Down syndrome that needs a forever home. We've been told there's no guarantees. We know things might look different once we get there and our training is finished as far as classes go. And our home study is complete. But I don't doubt that I'm supposed to be getting ready and this is what God has us doing. Only God knows what it will all look like in the end. Jim even said he'd open up the door to an older child if a teen would come instead. That scares me! But I'm willing to do whatever God wants. We're on this path together, this is our journey. Until we all go home to heaven, may our home be like heaven and a safe place for whoever the child may be God wants us to take care of. I'm closing with the previous verse that I opened with because this is my husbands heart and the first verse is mine.

"Confident of your obedience, I write to you, knowing that you will do even more than I ask." - Philemon 21 

I'm Ready Now (Official Lyric Video)



This was Hannah and Lera, Saturday.  I wanted to remember what they said. "I'm ready to go!" 

Me too! 

Are you? 


No comments:

Post a Comment